- 1 large broccoli, about 450 g (6 cups)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (preferably golden syrup for its delicate flavour)
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp pesto (home-made or store-bought)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Break the broccoli into florets, then peel and cut the stems into pieces. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and soften the onion, about 2-3 minutes. Add the potato and broccoli stems and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets, maple syrup, and broth. Simmer 15 minutes or until the vegetables are quite tender.
- Stir in the pesto.
- Use a stand or hand blender to purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!