- 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 Half a Cortland apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 white pita bread of 15 cm (6 in), cut in half
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the pita bread.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the inside of the pita with the chicken filling.
This recipe is a variation of the classic chicken sandwich. By replacing mayonnaise with Greek yogurt, you’ll benefit from more protein to help you recover. The apple and dried cranberries also combine beautifully with delicious maple syrup and provide carbohydrates to replenish energy. Per portion: 376 calories; 22 g protein; 1 g fat; 69 g carbohydrates; 3 g fibre.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!