- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut fibres, ground in a coffee grinder or food processor (or use very-finely grated coconut)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup 1% milk or non-dairy drink
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1/2 cup coconut Greek yogurt or non-dairy coconut milk substitute
- 2 eggs
- Coconut or other vegetable oil, in sufficient quantity
- Fresh fruit, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut, baking soda, and salt.
- In a second bowl, beat all other ingredients except the oil.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, until smooth.
- Add a little oil to a non-stick pan and warm over medium heat. Pour in a ladle of pancake mixture and cook 1 – 2 minutes per side to achieve a light golden colour.
- Remove pancake from pan and garnish with fruit.
- Repeat to make 4 more pancakes, adding oil to the pan as needed.
For after exercise
Nutritional Value per Serving
Calories: 290 kcal
Fat: 9 g
Carbohydrates: 46 g
Fibre: 4 g
Protein: 10 g
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!