- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 apples, quartered
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tasse maple syrup (preferably golden syrup, for its delicate flavour)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (preferably golden syrup, for its delicate flavour)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 slices bakery-style multigrain bread
- Butter for the pan
- 1/2 lb cheese (Cheddar, Brie, Swiss, Oka, etc.), sliced
- Set a pan on medium heat, melt the butter, and cook the apples in it for 5 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup, and cook 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the milk, the 30 ml (2 tbsp) maple syrup, and the vanilla
- Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture, a few minutes on each side.
- Preheat a large pan on medium heat, melt a little butter, and fry each slice 3 minutes per side. Keep in a 150° C (300° F) oven while you do the remaining slices, or use two pans.
- Serve sandwich-style: a slice of cheese between 2 slices of French toast, topped with apple sauce.
Cooked French toast and apple-cinnamon sauce will keep 4 – 5 days in the fridge.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!