- 9 oz arborio rice or sticky sushi rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 3 tablesspoons maple sugar
- Pinch of fleur de sel
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut, grated
- In a rice cooker or small saucepan, cook rice in water until well-done and sticky.
- While rice is still warm, add vanilla extract and maple syrup; mix until well-blended and sticky. Drain any excess water.
- Cool rice for 30 minutes in the fridge or at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, blend maple sugar, salt, and coconut.
- When the rice has cooled, use your hands to shape into small, compact balls and roll them in the maple-salt-coconut mixture.
- Wrap the balls individually in transparent stretch plastic or a bag.
- These rice balls can store in the fridge for several days. Freezing is not recommended.
Nutritional Value per Ball (During effort)
Calories: 70 kcal
Fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Fibre: 0 g
Protein: 2 g
Sodium: 130 mg
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!