Maple Energy Squares
Energy Balls / Fruit Desserts / Recipes with Maple Syrup
Created by Mélanie Olivier Sports Nutritionist
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup skim milk powder
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Spray a 23-cm (9-in) square baking pan with cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil.
- In a food processor, combine the oatmeal, skim milk, sunflower seeds, flour, maple syrup and eggs. Process until the mixture is almost smooth, about 10 seconds.
- Stir in cranberries, apricots and almonds. Pour into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges are golden and the centre is set.
Calories: 130 Carbohydrate (g): 21 Protein (g): 3 Fat (g): 3 Fibre (g): 1
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!