- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch of Basque chilli pepper (or Cayenne pepper)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups walnuts, almonds, pecans, pistachios
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 ˚C (350 ˚F).
- In a casserole, melt butter.
- Remove from heat and add spices and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Add nuts and coat them well in the spiced butter.
- Spread the nuts on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes (or until they turn a golden colour). Leave the oven door partially open during baking.
- Season with salt.
- Transfer the nuts into a large bowl and serve while they are still warm.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!