- 2/3 cup 70% chocolate, in pieces
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 220° C (425° F).
- Use a double boiler at a temperature of about 45° C (115° F) to melt the chocolate, then add the butter to melt as well.
- Remove double boiler from the heat and add the maple sugar, eggs, and egg yolks, whisking them into the chocolate.
- Sift in the flour and mix.
- Butter four ramekins and sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Pour batter into the ramekins, then put into oven and bake 13 – 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Wait 5 minutes, then turn the cakes out onto a plate. The cakes’ centres should be runny.
SUGGESTIONS: For variety, add pineapple or mango slices before baking. Serve with maple or vanilla ice cream.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!