Maple Fondue with Cardamom and Orange Zest
Fondue / Recipes with Maple Syrup
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 1 cup maple syrup preferably dark
- 1/2 cup 15% cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, diluted in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) cold water
- Zest from 1 orange
- 1 ground cardamom
- About 175 g (3/4 cup) per person
- In a small, heavy saucepan, combine maple syrup and cream and stir over low heat.
- Add diluted cornstarch and stir until thickened.
- Add orange zest and cardamom.
- Pour the mixture into a fondue pot and place on the fondue stand over low heat.
- Serve with your favourite fruit.
- Count around 175 g (3/4 cup) per person.
Suggestion: Serve with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, grapes, small pieces of apples, peaches or apricots. This sauce can also be added to a fruit salad.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!