- 10 strawberries
- 2 oz blueberries
- 2 oz raspberries
- 3 1/2 oz cottage cheese (smooth)
- 3/8 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (Dark)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar
- Halve strawberries lengthwise, wash blueberries and raspberries, and drain well.
- Heat milk until it is warm to the touch around 30-40 °C (86-104 °F).
- Sift flour and cornstarch into a pan, heat over low flame, and add in the maple syrup and the warm milk in batches, mixing quickly with a whisk to prevent lumps.
- Turn off the flame, and add beaten egg yolk, cottage cheese, and fresh cream in batches, whisking.
- Line up the berries in a oven-proof dish, pour over the cream sauce, and sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in a 200 °C (400 °F) oven. The gratin is done when the top is lightly browned.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!