Maple-Lemon Brussels Sprouts
Recipes with Maple Syrup / Vegetables
Created by Stéphanie Côté Nutritionist
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- About 18 oz Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (quartered if large)
- 1/3 cup chicken bouillon or water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Sauté the shallot 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and Brussels sprouts. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until sprouts are lightly browned.
- Add the bouillon or water. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the maple syrup and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Uncover saucepan, raise heat to medium-high and cook until all the liquid is evaporated. Add the maple-lemon mixture. Stir until evaporated. Season generously with pepper. Serve immediately (before the sprouts lose their colour).
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!