- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup maple syrup (preferably very dark syrup for its strong flavour)
- 20 lollipop sticks
- In a thick-bottomed saucepan, bring butter and maple syrup to a boil. Boil until candy thermometer shows 146 °C (295 °F), then remove from heat.
- Lay a large sheet of parchment paper on a table or countertop, then pour little circles of syrup.
- Quickly place a lollipop stick in the centre of each circle, then leave to harden.
Lollipop molds can also be used following the same cooking method.
Store lollipops in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!