Moist Maple-Almond Loaf Cakes
Fancy Pastries / Recipes with Maple Sugar
Created by Roland Del Monte Pastry chef and ice cream maker
Featuring Maple Sugar
- 1 ¼ cup almond paste
- 10 medium eggs
- 2 cups maple sugar
- 1 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 3 cups pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp maple water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- Preheat oven to 160° C (325° F).
- Butter 6 mini-loaf pans, 19 cm x 8 cm x 5 cm (7 1/2 in x 3 1/8 in x 2 po).
- Put almond paste in a bowl and soften in the microwave.
- Gently stir in eggs.
- Add melted butter, maple sugar, and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and baking powder together, then add to mixture*.
- Pour into the six pans and place in oven. Bake 30 minutes. Check for doneness with the tip of a knife.
- Combine maple water and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Upon removing from oven, brush loaves with syrup mixture.
* NOTE: The consistency will be thin: it’s meant to be that way.
KEEPS FOR: 4 days in refrigerator, or freezes well.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!