- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 cup canola oil
- Hot pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple whisky
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1 lb cheese curd
- In a saucepan, combine and gently heat first 5 ingredients for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Leave to cool.
- Add vinegar, whisky, maple syrup, herbs and cheese.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
- Leave to marinate for 48 hours, turning jars occasionally.
Note: Can be kept in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!