- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- Sugar-coated chocolate candies (such as Smarties)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together butter, maple sugar, egg and maple syrup until creamy. Pour over dry ingredients and mix until nice and smooth.
- Remove a little dough, flatten slightly and place a few candies in the middle. Fold dough in order to trap candy inside, then roll into balls between your hands. Coat in chopped nuts and arrange on cookie sheet.
- Repeat step 4 until all ingredients are used, spacing balls 2.5 cm (1 in) apart.
- Bake 12 and let cool before biting in.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!