- 3/4 cup maple syrup preferably amber
- 1/2 cup 35% whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate shavings
- 4 egg yolks
- Boil the maple syrup about 5 minutes and let cool.
- Whip cream and reserve.
- With a wire whisk, beat egg yolks in upper part of double boiler set over boiling water.
- Beat in the warm syrup and salt and cook, whisking constantly and scraping bottom regularly, until mixture reaches 70 °C (150 °F).
- Pour mixture into a bowl through a fine mesh sieve.
- With electric mixer, beat mixture at high speed until it cools, expands and becomes very frothy.
- Add one third of the whipped cream, beating with mixer.
- Using a rubber spatula, delicately fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into six individual dessert cups.
- Freeze for 24 hours.
- To serve, garnish with more whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!