- 1/2 cup dried dates
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup skim milk powder
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or sesame butter
- 1/4 cup steel-cut or large-flake oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- Soak dried fruits in the water and maple syrup for 1 to 2 hours or cook the fruit/water/syrup mixture in microwave for about 4 minutes.
- Puree in a food processor or blender.
- Place in a large bowl, add all other ingredients except the coconut, and mix with a spoon.
- Form the mixture into balls (wet your hands to avoid sticking).
- Roll the balls in the coconut.
- Keeps up to 1 week in an airtight container in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
Nutritional value per portion (2 bites): 238 kilocalories; 31 g of carbohydrates; 4 g of fibre; 9 g of protein; 11 g of fat.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!