- Maple shortcrust pastry base recipe
- 6 Toulouse or Italian sausages, cut into three pieces
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Flour (for work surface)
- Maple butter
- Dijon mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Put sausages into baking dish. Pour maple syrup over them and coat well.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Put egg and milk in a small bowl and beat with a fork.
- On a floured work surface, roll the dough to a thickness of 3 mm (1/8 in). Cut into strips with a fluted pastry wheel.
- Wrap the sausages in the pastry strips and brush with the egg mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- While they bake, combine equal quantities of maple butter and Dijon mustard to make a dipping sauce.
- Serve sausage rolls and sauce together.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!