- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup lemongrass, chopped
- 3 cups maple sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 2 cups coarse sea salt
- 2 fresh salmon fillets, each 500 g – 800 g (1 lb – 1 3/4 lb)
- 18 oz sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, hand-ground
- 1 oz salmon caviar
- 5 cups lamb’s lettuce or endives
- Make a marinade with the zest of 1 lime and the lime juice, the ginger, lemongrass, maple sugar, cilantro, cardamom seeds, and salt.
- Rub the salmon fillets with the marinade, transfer to a rack and press* in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Remove the weight. Rinse and rub the salmon immediately under water to remove the salt and spices. Refrigerate the fillets for another 12 hours. The gravlax is then ready.
- Blend the sour cream with the zest of 1 lime and the juice of the lemon. Salt and pepper.
- Serving suggestion: Line a serving plate with lamb’s lettuce or endives. Arrange the gravlax for presentation, garnished with salmon caviar. Serve with the lemon cream.
- * A press can be improvised by placing a baking sheet on top of the salmon and weighing it down with heavy food cans.
Refrigeration time : 24 hours
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!