- 2 tablespoons tea leaves (Earl Grey or other tea)
- 3/8 cup water
- 5/8 cup fresh cream
- 5/8 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Golden maple syrup (Golden)
- 4 egg yolks
- Maple sugar
- Orange slices, blueberries, raspberries, and mint leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 140 °C (275 °F).
- Pour water and tea leaves into a pan, heat over high flame, and brew a strong tea.
- Straining the tea leaves, pour the tea into a different pan, add fresh cream, milk, and maple syrup. Heat over low flame until warm to the touch (30-40 °C or 86-104 °F).
- Turn off heat. Pour in beaten egg yolk and mix until the mixture thickens. Pour into ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a baking dish, fill the pan with hot water 1/3 of the way, and bake in a 140 °C (275 °F) oven for 25-30 minutes.
- When done, sprinkle maple sugar on top, place ramekins in a preheated over toaster, and brown topping to desired brownness.
- Garnish with orange slices, blueberries, raspberries, and mint leaves, as desired.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!