- 1 cup orzo
- 1 1/2 cup chicken, cooked and cut into pieces
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 1/4 cup flat parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Cook orzo in a pot of salted, boiling water, according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- While it’s cooking, combine chicken, vegetables, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together its ingredients.
- Add the cooled orzo to the chicken-vegetable mixture. Pour on vinaigrette and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!