Laqué au sirop d’érable
- 1 cup sake
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup soy sauce
- Corn starch, as needed
- Water, as needed
Salade de légumes croquants
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 carrot, halved lengthwise
- 8 asparagus
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise
- 4 green onions
- 10 snow peas
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 tbsp maple vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Moutarde de Meaux (or an old-style, grainy mustard)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
Filets de truite
- 4 trout fillets, skinless
Maple Syrup Lacquer
- Pour the sake and maple syrup into a saucepan, bring to a boil, then flambé. Add the soy sauce and boil 5 minutes. Dissolve the corn starch in a little water. Add to lacquer, thickening it slightly as you bring it back to a boil. Turn off heat, and set lacquer aside.
Crunchy Vegetable Salad
- Cut the zucchini, carrot, asparagus, cucumber, green onions, and snow peas on the diagonal into pieces 2 mm (about 1/8 in) thick. Prepare the vinaigrette in a bowl by whisking the maple vinegar, Dijon mustard, Meaux (or old-style) mustard, and oil. Drizzle lightly over the vegetables and allow to marinate for about 20 minutes before adding the arugula. Adjust the seasoning, if needed. Set aside.
- In a skillet, sear the trout fillets (bone side) over high heat until nicely coloured. Pour a little lacquer on each side and flip. Turn off heat.
- Arrange the salad in each plate, and place fillets on top.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!