Maple Veggie Skewers
Recipes with Maple Syrup / Starters / Vegetables
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 1 fennel bulb, cubed
- 1 red onion, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 2 tablespoons maple vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rose water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 cubes fresh pineapple, peel removed
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- In a large bowl, add the vegetables, maple syrup, vinegar and rose water, and mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Leave to marinate for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat your barbecue or grill with the heat set to medium. Oil the grills.
- Skewer the vegetables and pineapple, alternating between the two (reserve the marinade).
- Grill the skewers 5 minutes on each side, while frequently brushing with the marinade.
- Sprinkle with parsley right before serving.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!