- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour blend (such as King Arthur)
- 2/3 tasse tapioca flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a large bowl combine flours, starch, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter turns a nut brown color. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine maple syrup, buttermilk and eggs. Stir in browned butter.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until just combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a well-greased 23×12-cm (9×5-in) loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until risen and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
Number of servings (yield): 1 loaf
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!