- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of each: finely chopped shiitake mushrooms (or other)
- 1 cup halved snow peas
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or cider
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground hot pepper – optional
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 lb of firm tofu, cut into strips or diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a casserole, heat the oil on medium heat and gently brown the ginger, garlic and onion.
- Add vegetables and cook for 3 to 4 on low heat.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine the beaten egg with soya sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, maple syrup, hot pepper and coriander. Stir in the hot stock mixture.
- Add the tofu and season to taste.
* For a thicker stew, add noodles or cooked rice. Energy: 285 calories Protein: 13 g Carbohydrates: 29 g. Fats: 13 g. Excellent source of Vitamine A
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!