- Sea salt
- One very fresh 454-g (1-lb) salmon filet (deboned and skinned)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste (Japanese horseradish)
- Dried seaweed sheet (nori)
- Marinated ginger
- Slices of cucumber
- Sprinkle sea salt on salmon filet and let rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine maple syrup, rice (or white wine) vinegar and wasabi paste.
- Place the filet in a deep dish and pour the maple syrup mix over it. Let it marinate for about 5 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Cut the filet into 7 cm (2 3/4 in) thick slices, then cut each one into thin, 6 mm (1/4 in) slices cutting across the grain of the fish.
- Roll each slice up in a piece of dried seaweed sheet (nori) and serve with marinated ginger and slices of cucumber.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!