- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1/3 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 tablespoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/3 lb large scallops
- Melt butter and sauté shallot in a pan.
- Deglaze with lemon juice and white wine and let simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the lemon zest, maple syrup and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring throughout.
- Add the peppercorns and season with salt, to taste.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat.
- Gently cook the scallops either one minute on each side, or on one side only and until the top turns slightly opaque.
- Serve immediately with the sauce and a side of seasonal vegetables.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!