- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups peeled pears, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 shalott, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 210 °C (425 °F).
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise without separating the two pieces. They should be opened butterfly style.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the pear stuffing and stuff the breasts with it. Place in a buttered oven platter. Set aside for later.
- In a small saucepan, mix all ingredients for the sweet glaze. Bring to a boil and reduce a third.
- Pour half the glaze over the chicken breasts. Cook in center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from oven and pour the rest of the sweet glaze over them.
- Serve with season vegetables.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!