- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup vegan milk substitute (almond, coconut, or soy)
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts or almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F), rack in centre position. Place paper liners in 12 muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Add the maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Gradually add the milk substitute, lemon juice and zest, and the vanilla, stirring with a wooden spoon just enough to moisten the mixture without developing gluten. Add the nuts.
- Put heaping ice cream scoops of batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow the muffins to cool slightly before taking them out of the tin.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!