- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably very dark syrup for its strong flavour)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 ctbsp maple sugar
- Position the rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat to 350° F (180° C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper or silicone.
- In a large bowl and with a large wooden spoon, blend the sauce, maple syrup, water, oil, and eggs.
- Sprinkle baking powder and baking soda over all. Mix in the flour, oat flakes, and the chocolate.
- Divide the dough among the muffin cups. Sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the muffins are golden and the tip of a knife comes out clean.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!