Maple Butter Oat Muffins
Muffins / Recipes with Maple Butter / Recipes with Maple Syrup
Featuring Maple Sugar
- 2/3 cup maple sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unpeeled apples, grated
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups large flake oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk or soy milk
- 1 cup maple butter
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F). Place paper liners in 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, use a fork to combine the maple sugar, oil, and eggs. Add the vanilla and apples, and mix again. Incorporate the flour, oat flakes, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and milk. Mix with your fork just long enough to moisten the dough.
- Use a large ice cream scoop to fill the muffin cups with dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown. Let them cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove.
- Use a small knife to carve a circle in each muffin, carefully digging out a small cone-shaped cavity in the centre. Remove these cones and reserve them.
- Fill each muffin with 20 g (1 tbsp) of maple butter. Put the little cones back in the cavities, removing part of their bottoms to make them fit, if necessary.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!