- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 stalk each of cucumber, carrot, and celery
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or vinegar)
- 3/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (Dark)
- 1 clove thinly sliced garlic
- 2 red chilies (seeded)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- Place pickling juice ingredients into a pan, bring to a boil, turn off heat, and let cool.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Remove seeds from red and yellow peppers and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Peel cucumber in stripes and cut into 2 cm (7/8 in) rings.
- Peel carrot and coarsely chop into small pieces.
- Thinly peel celery with a vegetable peeler, remove ridges, and coarsely chop.
- Put the vegetables into preserving jars, containers, or plastic bags, and cover with cooled pickling juice. Close containers tightly to keep air away from vegetables and pickle for at least 1 day.
- Put pickles on a plate and garnish with dill, as desired.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!