- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 celery stalks, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chives, to taste
- In a large saucepan over high heat, sauté squash, onion, celery, garlic, ginger and maple syrup in the oil for about 6 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Purée until creamy (If the mixture is too thick, add some broth or water.)
- Return to pot. Add corn, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with sour cream and chives.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!