- 1 cup whole walnuts
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup whole pistachios
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dry sage
- Pepper to taste
- 2 apples, cubed
- 2 lbs medium lean ground pork
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 store-bought croissants, diced
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (preferably Dark for its robust taste)
- 1/4 cup chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 7-kg (15-lbs) turkey, giblets removed, completely thawed (or fresh)
- 1/4 cup (1/4 cup) melted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 160 ˚C (325 ˚F).
- Roast the nuts in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Using a food processor, coarsely chop garlic, onion, celery, ginger, rosemary, sage, pepper, apples and roasted nuts.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add ground pork, maple sugar, eggs, croissants and currants. Season to taste. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine all glaze ingredients. Set aside.
- Rinse the turkey in cold water and dry well before stuffing.
- Place the stuffed turkey (breast up) in a roasting pan and generously brush with butter. Put in oven.
- Roast, uncovered, for 3 1/2 hours (or until it reaches a temperature of 82 ˚C [180 ˚F]). Baste frequently with cooking juices.
- Remove the turkey from oven, and using a baster, brush with glaze.
- Put back in oven for another 30 minutes. Then baste again with glaze and roast for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove turkey from roasting pan.
- Skim the fat from the cooking juices, add flour and cook for 1 minute to thicken.
- Deglaze with white wine and remaining glaze. Season to taste.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!