- 1/2 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp mirin (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/3 lb turkey breast, cut into cubes
- 18 small skewers
- 1 c. à soup sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and let bubble for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Pour about 60 ml (1/4 cup) of this sauce into a small serving bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 230° C (450° F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the turkey cubes onto a dish, pour half the remaining sauce over them and toss to coat well. If desired, marinate for 30 minutes or up to a few hours.
- Slide the turkey cubes onto the skewers.
- Lay them on the baking sheet and put into oven for 5 minutes.
- R Remove brochettes from oven, brush with remaining sauce, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake for another 5 – 7 minutes.
- Arrange on your serving plate, garnish with cilantro, and serve with the reserved sauce.
YIELD: 18 brochettes
MARINATING TIME: 30 minutes or up to a few hours
These brochettes will keep in the fridge for a few days.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!