- 4 turkey cutlets
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 lb ground lean pork
- 2 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup ground cherries cut in 4
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped or 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of dried mint
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups prepared demi-glaze sauce
- 1/2 cup ground cherries cut in 2
- 2 to 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Flatten the cutlets with a butcher’s hammer or a pan.
- Mix all ingredients for the stuffing. Season generously.
- Spread stuffing along the cutlets. Roll firmly and tie up or hold with toothpicks.
- In a large pan, heat oil and melt the butter. Sear the rolls on all sides.
- Place on an oven-safe tray. Finish cooking in a 190 °C (375 °F) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, melt butter in the same pan and add the shallots.
- Deglaze with wine, with a whisk incorporate the demi-glaze sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the ground cherries, the maple syrup, the mint and season.
- To serve, spread some sauce on the bottom of the plates and place rolls in the center.
- Serve with rice or barley and season vegetables.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!