- 1 packet unflavoured gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- Italian maple meringue base recipe
- 1 cup whipped cream or plain yogurt
- A few drops of orange food colouring
- Zest of one orange, finely grated
- Large orange zests, for decoration
- Mix gelatin and water in bowl, and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Reserve.
- Begin preparation of the meringue base.
- When the maple syrup and orange juice mixture reaches 115 °C (240 °F) on a candy thermometer, remove from heat, add the gelatin, and beat vigorously.
- Execute the next steps for the meringue.
- Gently mix the cream or yogurt, colouring and finely grated orange zest into the meringue and pour into glasses.
- Garnish with the large orange zests.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Refrigeration Time: 2 hr
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!