- 1 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 egg whites
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- Put maple syrup and orange juice into a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Boil over medium heat until temperature on a candy thermometer reads 115 °C (240 °F).
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in a stand mixer or bowl at medium speed, until soft peaks form.
- When the syrup comes to temperature, reduce mixer speed and continue to beat whites while slowly drizzling the syrup on them.
- Then increase speed and beat for about 10 minutes or until the meringue is warm and formed into very stiff peaks.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!