Maple and Hazelnut Praline
Cakes / Recipes with Maple Syrup
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 1 cup blanched hazelnuts (from fine foods stores)
- 1 cup maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich flavour)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Add hazelnuts and maple syrup to a saucepan.
- Over high heat, cook 3 to 5 minutes or until nuts are golden brown and fragrant.
- Add cocoa and salt, mix well and remove from heat. Spread on parchment paper and let cool.
- Break praline into pieces, put into a food processor and add butter. Pulse until uniform but still granular texture.
- Pour into a pastry bag with a #5 plain tip and fill cake.
Makes: enough for 1 cake (25 cm /10 in).
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!