- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 3 tablespoons maple sugar
- Preheat oven to 175 °C (350 °F).
- Place pecans on a cookie sheet and heat in oven until browned. Set aside.
- Pour the maple syrup into a saucepan and bring to a boil on low heat. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy. When they form soft peaks, incorporate the boiling syrup in small threads. Continue beating for 10 minutes to cool down the preparation.
- Beat cream and delicately fold in the egg whites. Add the pecans.
- Pour into a terrine, a greased bread mold or 6 individual ramekins. Leave in the freezer for at least 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, turn out by briefly dipping the molds in warm water.
- Serve immediately with orange slices, mango pieces or berries.
* You can replace the pecans with other nuts or candied fruits.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!