- 3 medium apples (about 400 g / 14 oz), unpeeled, cored (if possible, choose Spartan, Cortland, McIntosh or Empire)
- 2 tablespoons powdered maple sugar
- Preheat oven to 100 °C (200 °F).
- Using a mandoline, cut apples into thin slices.
- Arrange apple slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet so they do not overlap. Sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Bake on the centre rack for 2 hours without touching the apples. Once dried apples have cooled, store in an airtight container.
To maintain constant energy levels during sustained activity, you should consume carbohydrates during exercise or in-between sessions. This really simple recipe, made from just two natural and local ingredients, combines the great taste of apple with the subtle flavour of maple and provides the carbohydrates you need to keep going. These apple chips, which literally melt in your mouth, can be eaten at half-time or between periods in a soccer or hockey game, or simply as a snack. To maximize absorption of carbohydrates, it is also important to be well hydrated.Per 15 g serving (about 2 cups):65 calories; 0 g protein; 0 g fat; 17 g carbohydrates; 2 g fibre.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add something special to your summer menu this year.
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!