Maple Caramel Carrots
Recipes with Maple Syrup / Vegetables
Featuring Maple Syrup
- 5 to 6 thin carrots (cut in half lengthwise)
- 2 oz butter (lightly salted butter is best; if none is available, add a little salt to unsalted butter)
- 3/8 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 6 to 7 sprigs of sage
- Place the carrots in a shallow, flat-bottomed pan, add water to just cover the carrots, then add the butter and maple syrup and bring to a boil.
- Skim the surface and continue to simmer. Part way through, check whether the carrots are cooked. If they are too hard, cover the pan with a lid until they soften.
- When the liquid or sauce is reduced, pick the sage leaves off of the sprigs and add to the carrots. Continue simmering until the sauce is reduced to a caramel glaze.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!