- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lentils (540 ml), drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or cold water)
- 1 Pinch of all-spice
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let simmer 20 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, then crush lentils to a purée with a potato masher.
- Transfer spread to an airtight container and chill several hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve with pita bread and raw vegetables.
Frozen time : 3 to 4 hours
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!