- 1/2 lb turkey, ground
- 1 1/4 lb lean pork, ground
- 1/4 lb game meat, ground (partridge, hare, deer or moose)
- 1/4 lb chicken livers, cleaned and chopped using a food processor
- 3 French shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup husked pistachios
- 1/2 cup maple sugar flakes
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients (except for maple sugar flakes).
- Put mixture into a large 1-L (4-cup) terrine dish, or divide it between small dishes of 500 ml (2 cups) each. Pat mixture in evenly and sprinkle with maple sugar flakes.
- Place the terrine (or terrine dishes) in a larger rectangular Pyrex dish, fill halfway with boiling water, and bake for 2 hours for the large terrine, and for 1 hour for the small ones.
- Let rest before removing the terrine from the mould.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!