- 1 23-cm (9-in) pre-baked pie shell
- 1/2 lb of ham, chopped
- 1 cup of vegetables of your choice, pre-cooked
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of milk or 10 % cream
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup (preferably golden syrup for its delicate flavour)
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Grated cheese for the gratin
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Fill the pie shell with ham and vegetables.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl using a beater. Add syrup, spices and season generously.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and top with grated cheese.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 20 minutes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!