- 1 1/2 cup large-flake oatmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk or soy milk
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust flavour)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, flour, raisins, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, vigorously whisk the butter together with the milk, maple sugar and maple syrup for a few minutes. Add the egg and beat until the mixture is smooth. Incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Make 10 balls about 60 ml (1/4 cup) in size, flatten them and place on the two sheets.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until they’re golden.
Nutritional value per serving: 250 kilocalories; 44 g of carbohydrates; 2 g of fibre; 5 g of protein; 6 g of fat.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!