- 18 oz pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (Dark)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- Maple syrup (Amber)
- 1/3 scallion (cut into very fine strips)
- 1 pack Japanese radish sprouts
- Mustard, to taste
- Combine the maple syrup, soya sauce and sake, mix well.
- Cut the pork into strips and pick all round with a skewer. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight or longer (turning during marinating is recommended).
- Place on a roasting rack, and cook in a 220-230 °C (425-450 °F) oven, basting with its own juices.
- Cook until the pork turns a nice color, remove from oven, and brush with maple syrup. Return to the oven to dry the surface.
- When cool, cut into thin slices, plate, and garnish with fine strips of the scallion and Japanese radish sprouts.
- Serve with mustard.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!