- Salt, to taste
- spare ribs
- 470 ml pure maple syrup from Canada
- 30 ml ginger, minced
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 60 ml sesame oil
- Tabasco or chili peppers, to taste
- Fill a large casserole pan with salted water, and boil the ribs for 45 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate sauce pot, mix pure maple syrup with ginger, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and Tabasco (or chili peppers). Boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain water from the casserole pot, pat the ribs dry and baste with the sauce.
- Reduce excess sauce to a low temperature setting and grill ribs for 6 minutes on each side.
- Pull apart rib meat from the bone, and assemble sandwich, adding additional sauce if desired.
Liven up your BBQ with this sweet and spicy spare rib recipe! Skip the plain BBQ sauce and create your own Asian-inspired sauce that includes ginger, sesame oil, Tabasco sauce and maple syrup. This recipe gives your guests a taste of spicy rib flavor, soothed by a hint of sweetness they crave. As any great griller knows, it’s all in the sauce!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!