- 4 Toulouse (pork) sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 container of mushrooms of 225 g (8 oz) , quartered
- 3 bell peppers, your choice of colour, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup red wine (or beef stock)
- 1 can of Italian tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, gently brown sausages in olive oil. Add maple syrup and caramelize about 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add onion, mushrooms, peppers, garlic, salt and pepper, then sauté 2 minutes. Pour in red wine (or stock), and tomatoes; cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add basil and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or couscous.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Add some Maple Taffy to your recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!