- 2 large pork tenderloins
- 5/8 cup sherry
- 2 dry shallots, minced
- 4 sprigs of fresh
- 2 star anise, crushed
- 5/8 cup light maple syrup
- 5/8 cup meat glaze (or highly-concentrated veal stock)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, hand-milled, to taste
- 2 1/2 oz cold unsalted butter, in cubes
- Seasonal vegetables of your choice
- In a saucepan, reduce the sherry, shallots, thyme and star anise. Allow to evaporate completely.
- Add maple syrup and meat glaze. Reduce over low heat. Strain sauce through muslin (or fine sieve) and reserve.
- Pour olive oil into very hot non-stick pan and sear the tenderloins, browning well 4 – 5 minutes on each side.
- Season tenderloins and cover to rest for about 4 minutes.
- Heat reserved maple sauce while incorporating the cold butter cubes.
- Slice the meat, pour on sauce, and serve with the vegetables.
Substitute the pork tenderloins with chicken breasts. Pair with a dry sherry or Portuguese Sogrape.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from appetizer to dessert. Find one that’s perfect for you or your occasion!